Loyalist College Residence provides a safe and vibrant community in a wooded country setting that engages students in enriching living and learning experiences. With 580 beds between two different styles of fully furnished residences (apartment or townhouse), students will benefit from live-in peer supports, full time professional staff, 24/7 security staff and a variety of social and developmental programming opportunities. Loyalist also boasts access to a Residence Outreach worker and bi-weekly wellness checks. With transit that stops right on campus, you’ll have easy access to all the perks of city living, with the convenience of waking up within walking distance of your classes.
2021 – 22 Academic Year
Residence applications are currently being accepted.
For the 2021/22 academic year, Loyalist College is offering single occupancy rooms only with a maximum of six students per unit in the suite-style Residence and a maximum of four students per unit in the townhouse Residence.
The well-being of our students and the College community is always our top priority. Public Health has reviewed Loyalist College’s Residence plan and has confirmed that it meets all public health requirements. The following safety measures will be in effect:
- All large public gathering spaces (e.g. Residence Commons) will remain closed until they are safe to reopen.
- Laundry facilities will be available.
- Quarantine facilities have been established to provide accommodations to students who test positive for COVID-19.
Across campus, including in Residence, a number of preventative measures have been put into place:
- Providing complimentary face masks to those on campus and requiring face masks to be worn.
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations located throughout campus and disinfectant wipes in classrooms and labs.
- Posting hand-washing guidelines in washrooms.
- Stocking PPE and critical cleaning products such as wipes, replacement hand sanitizer solution, masks, and soap.
- Redesigning our Student Success services to offer in-person services in addition to offering online options to easily connect students with mentors, resources, and informational sessions.
- Having employees work from home where possible.
- Providing detailed training documentation on the processes and protocols of returning to campus.
- Introducing a COVID-19 testing facility and immunization clinic on campus to support students and employees.
- Establishing quarantine facilities to provide student accommodations in the event a student tests positive for COVID-19.
The health and safety of our College community, including our industry partners, is top priority and we will continue to go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment and care.
We will continue to seek guidance and approval from public health authorities as the COVID-19 situation evolves. For updates, please visit loyalistcollege.com/coronavirus.