Loyalist College offers a comprehensive range of career-oriented education and training opportunities to support and enhance the economic and social development of individuals and our communities.
The following values guide us daily to create a caring culture focused on the success of our learners, staff and community. To support, sustain and fulfil our mission, we act with:
- Commitment to excellence
- Responsibility and accountability
- Responsiveness and flexibility
- Sustainable stewardship of our economic, human and environmental resources
Since it was founded in 1967, Loyalist has been an integral part of the communities it serves. A strong partner in the economic growth and vitality of the greater Quinte area, the College today includes more than 590,000 square feet of space at its Belleville and Bancroft campuses, supporting programs and services for close to 3,000 full-time and 12,000 part-time students each year.
Loyalist’s economic impact on the region is profound. A recent study found that the College generates 6,000 jobs in the region, and more than 1,000 new graduates are added to the workforce each year. Many graduates choose to live and work in our region.
Loyalist has deliberately chosen to be a community college, with our roots deep in our communities and our region. We are committed to remaining both community driven and globally alert.
Loyalist College has a positive impact on the regional economy, creating value for students and the community, according to an independent study by Economic Modeling Specialists International (Emsi). For every dollar students invest in their education, they receive a cumulative $4 in higher net future earnings over the course of their working careers. Impacts on students, government and society are summarized in the documents linked below. The College also provides economic benefits through applied research and consulting services, which lead to increased economic activity.
- Emsi Economic Impact Study Executive Summary (October 2018)
- Emsi Economic Impact Study Fact Sheet (October 2018)
- Strategic Mandate Agreement with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development 2017 – 2020
- Business Plan, Budget and Capital Budget 2018 – 2019
- Financial Statements 2017 – 2018
- Loyalist College Annual Report 2017 – 2018
- SMA – Strategic Mandate Agreement College Annual Report 2015 – 2016
- Strategic Plan 2020
- Key Performance Indicators 2016 Report by Colleges Ontario