Academic Operational Policies
|Subject:||Student Learning Experience Survey||Number:||AOP 237|
|Issued by:||Vice-President Academic||Date Issued:||September 2016|
|Supersedes:||N/A||Page:||1 of 2|
Student Learning Experience Survey
Student feedback is an important aspect of Loyalist College’s quality assurance processes. It helps faculty reflect on the quality of their instruction, supports faculty development and evaluation, and it helps identify exceptional teaching practices. Student feedback is used in the continuous improvement of programs offered by the College. This policy provides a framework for how student feedback is collected and shared to ensure meaningful and reliable results.
This policy applies to all courses and programs that lead to an Ontario College credential that are offered by Loyalist College, including distance courses where appropriate.
Ontario College Credential: includes Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate programs.
Formative feedback from students: is the collection of student feedback for the purpose of improving or altering teaching practice in order to improve student learning
- The College approved standard survey will be administered in a systematic and consistent manner through the College’s learning management system (LMS) to obtain student feedback for each course in each semester.
- There may be circumstances where the standard survey is not appropriate so an alternative survey may need to be developed, approved and implemented.
- The standard survey will be reviewed and revised by an ad-hoc committee with representation from the union college council, the Office of Teaching and Learning and students every three (3) years. Proposed revisions to the standard survey will be reviewed and supported by the Academic Management Team and approved by the Senior Vice-President Academic and Student Success.
- The standard survey will be deployed on the LMS in the last third of each semester for a period of two (2) weeks.
- Student anonymity will be protected at all times during the administration of the survey and the collection and dissemination of the results.
- The use of the College approved standard survey does not preclude the use of formative feedback tools by faculty.
- Office coordinators deploy the survey and collect and distribute the results to the dean and faculty.
- Faculty provides students with time during class to complete the survey.
- Deans review survey results.
- Academic Management Team reviews the College approved standard survey content as needed to ensure currency, as well as any proposed alternative surveys.
- Senior Vice-President Academic and Student Success approves changes to the College approved standard survey, and any proposed alternative surveys.
- Survey deployment
- Office coordinators deploy the standard survey for a period of four (4) weeks during the last third of each semester via the LMS.
- Office coordinators communicate the timeframe in which the survey will be available to students for completion.
- Faculty provide students with a sufficient amount of class time to complete the survey during the period of time that the survey is available.
- Survey result collection and dissemination
- When the survey has closed on the LMS, office coordinators download and share the results with faculty and the dean.
- Deans review survey results. The dean may consult with faculty about the results and will use them as a component of the annual faculty development and evaluation process for full-time faculty, in accordance with AOP 203 Full-Time Faculty Development and Evaluation Process.