Academic Operational Policies
|Subject:||Student Learning Experience Survey||Number:||AOP 237|
|Issued by:||Vice-President Academic||Date Issued:||September 2016|
|Supersedes:||N/A||Page:||1 of 2|
Student Learning Experience Survey
Student feedback is an important aspect of Loyalist College’s quality assurance processes. It helps faculty reflect on the quality of their instruction, supports faculty development and evaluation, and it helps identify exceptional teaching practices. Student feedback is used in the continuous improvement of programs offered by the College. This policy provides a framework for how student feedback is collected and shared to ensure meaningful and reliable results.
This policy applies to all courses and programs that lead to an Ontario College credential that are offered by Loyalist College, including distance courses where appropriate.
Ontario College Credential: includes Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate programs.
Formative feedback from students: is the collection of student feedback for the purpose of improving or altering teaching practice in order to improve student learning
- The College approved standard survey will be administered in a systematic and consistent manner to obtain student feedback for each course in each semester.
- There may be circumstances where the standard survey is not appropriate so an alternative survey may need to be developed, approved and implemented.
- The standard survey will be reviewed and revised by an ad-hoc committee with representation from the union college council, the Office of Teaching and Learning and students every three (3) years. Proposed revisions to the standard survey will be reviewed and supported by the Academic Leadership Team and approved by the Senior Vice-President Academic and Chief Learning Officer.
- The standard survey will be facilitated in the last third of each semester for a period of at least two (2) weeks.
- Student anonymity will be protected at all times during the administration of the survey and the collection and dissemination of the results.
- The use of the College approved standard survey does not preclude the use of formative feedback tools by faculty.
- The Learning Technologies Office deploys the survey to all applicable courses.
- Office coordinators collect and distribute the results to the Dean, Chair and faculty.
- Faculty provides students with time during class to complete the survey.
- Deans and Chairs review survey results.
- Academic Leadership Team reviews the College approved standard survey content as needed to ensure currency, as well as any proposed alternative surveys and determines the time period for survey deployment each semester.
- Senior Vice-President Academic and Chief Learning Officer approves changes to the College approved standard survey, and any proposed alternative surveys.
- Survey deployment
- The Learning Technologies Office works collaboratively with the Academic Leadership Team to arrange a date and time for the survey to be deployed over a period of at least two (2) weeks during the last third of each semester.
- Faculty provide students with a sufficient amount of class time to complete the survey during the period of time that the survey is available.
- Survey result collection and dissemination
- Office coordinators collect survey responses and share them electronically with faculty, the Dean and Chair.
- Deans and Chairs review survey results. The Dean and Chair may consult with faculty about the results and will use them as a component of the annual faculty development and evaluation process for full-time faculty, in accordance with AOP 203 Full-Time Faculty Development and Evaluation Process.