Loyalist College Research Ethics Board (REB) consists of faculty, staff and community volunteers who are committed to ensuring that research involving human participants meets the standards set forth by the Tri-Council Policy Statement on Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans.
REB approval must be sought by any faculty, staff or student who wishes to conduct research involving human participants at Loyalist College. Additionally, any external researcher who wishes to conduct research using any member of the Loyalist College community or College resources must submit an application for review and approval prior to beginning any research.
The Loyalist College REB meets once per month (excluding July and August where the Board will meet only if deemed necessary).
If you are interested in learning more about the REB, the application process and key issues concerning research using human participants, please take a look at this presentation.
- All applicants must complete the TCPS 2 training (CORE) prior to submitting an application and must attach a copy of the completion certificate along with all application documents.
- The application must be completed IN FULL and submitted to the Research Services Office. If you have questions regarding completing the application, please contact the Research Services Office.
- Applications should be submitted electronically with all required signatures to email@example.com two weeks prior to the monthly meeting schedule.
- Applications eligible for a Delegated Review will be received any time, but depending on the availability of REB members, there is no assurance these reviews will be conducted prior to the next meeting of the Board.
- Applications not meeting criteria for a delegated review will be held until the next Board meeting.
- Applications are reviewed according to TCPS 2 guidelines.
- If an application has been reviewed by the Board and modifications are required prior to approval being granted, the applicant may only re-submit the revisions twice before having to re-submit a full application. Re-submissions will adhere to original review timelines.
REB Policies, Forms and Additional Information
If you are planning to conduct research at more than one college in Ontario, Loyalist College will accept the Multi-Site Application Form for review.
Please submit all applications and subsequent forms to Carly Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Baker (Co-Chair), CPA CA, MBA, MA (Ed), Professor, School of Business
- May Haslam (Co-Chair), Community Member
- Karen Holder, PhD, Coordinator and Professor, Biosciences
- Michelle Jarvis, Professor, Practical Nursing Program
- Amanda Hunt, Learning Technologies Facilitator
- William Turnbull, PhD, Community Member
- Jennifer Dupuis, Reference and Collection Development Technician, Library Services
Research Services Office, Coordinator
376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road Belleville, Ontario K8N 5B9
613-969-1913, ext. 2363