Studying at Loyalist College just became easier due to new Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processes.

Here’s What You Need To Know

After you apply for your study permit, any time spent studying online from outside Canada now counts toward the length of a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).

For this time to count, you must

  • complete at least 50% of your program in Canada
  • apply for a study permit by September 15, 2020, and
  • start, or have started, your program by April 30, 2021

You won’t have time deducted from the length of your PGWP for studies you complete outside Canada until April 30, 2021. Students enrolled in an 8-to-12 month long program that began between May and September 2020 and is delivered completely online will be able to complete their entire program abroad and still be eligible for a PGWP.

For additional details, visit the IRCC’s International Students website.

Start Online in Fall 2020

Begin your journey at Loyalist in four easy steps:

Step 1: Pay your fee deposit

Step 2: Apply for a study permit

Step 3: Upload your proof of application (to the International Application Portal)

Step 4: Click ‘visa received’ on your offer (on the International Application Portal)

Have questions? Contact

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to have my study permit approved before I start studying online with Loyalist College?

No, the College only requires proof that you have applied for your study permit. Loyalist’s Fall 2020 registration process no longer requires a study permit approval or approval-in-principle (AiP). 

Do I need to have my study permit approved before travelling to Loyalist College?

Yes. You will not be able to start classes on campus without an approved study permit.

How do I receive proof of my study permit application?

Once you apply for your study permit, you’ll receive a receipt from IRCC that your study permit has been received. Please upload your proof of application, as a screen shot or other official confirmation, to the International Application Portal. 

What happens if I start my studies at Loyalist and my study permit isn’t accepted?

Should your application be refused at any time during the Fall semester, you will be refunded fees* (minus the $250CAD administration fee) providing you have proof of IRCC refusal. Students assume the risk of not being approved for a student permit. *Some additional conditions may apply.

Can I withdraw my application?

Yes, students have until September 22, 2020 to withdraw their application from Loyalist College. You will be refunded fees* (minus the $250CAD administration fee). *Some additional conditions may apply.

Please note that students who withdraw after September 22, 2020 or withdraw their study permit application at any time of their own accord will not be refunded.

Will I be completing my entire program online, in my home country?

No, students must complete at least 50% of their program in Canada to be eligible for a PGWP. For additional details, visit the IRCC’s International Students website.

My program is offered in a blended format and I’m unable to travel to Canada for Fall 2020. What should I do?

If your program is to be delivered in a blended format, you will still need to travel to Canada to study as some class work must be done in person. Should you be unable to travel and quarantine (14 days in Canada) by September 22, 2020, we can defer your offer to another semester.

What does a full payment include?

2020/21 Fees


Year One**

– Two Semesters
(Fall Start)

Year One**

– Two Semesters
(Winter Start)

Year One**

– One Semester 
(Spring Start)

Year Two

– Two Semesters

Year Three

– Two Semesters







Full-Time Ancillary Fees






Health Insurance for one calendar year (mandatory)












For a list of the many services, activities and items included within the ancillary fees, and the related policies, download the 2020 – 2021 Ancillary Fee Schedule for full-time students.

*Fees as stated are subject to change.
**Please note: Once finalized, tuition and fees for years two and three of a program will be reflected on a student’s myFees page in the myLoyalist portal.

Make A Payment

Do I need Canadian health insurance if I’m studying in my home country?

No, Canadian health insurance does not cover you while you’re studying in your home country. It will cover you once you’re in Canada. Visit this web page for more details about health insurance in Canada.