If you are taking Loyalist courses online or if you are a distance student registered with another school/institution, you can write your tests in the Academic Centre for Testing (ACT).
- All tests must be booked five (5) business days prior to writing. The ACT does not have access to information regarding when you need to write your test or your test marks. You must contact your home institution for this information.
- You must notify your school/institution of your scheduled test date and request for the test to be sent to ACT (this does not apply to students writing OntarioLearn tests).
- Please note: You will be required to pay a $60 testing fee (HST included) and to provide a piece of government-issued photo ID.
When can I write my test?
During the months of September – April, you can start your test at the following times:
|Monday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
* These start times may change during December and April due to high volume.
* Summer Hours (May – August): Hours will remain the same as listed above from Monday – Thursday; the ACT will be closed on Fridays.
How do I book my test?
Please email ACT (email@example.com) and provide the following information in your email:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Course code and course name
- Name of the school/institution you are registered with (i.e. OntarioLearn, Athabasca, TICO, etc.)
- Preferred testing date and time
Are there any fees associated with writing my test?
There is a $60 testing fee (HST included) that can be paid by cash/debit/credit card prior to starting your test. However, if you are an OntarioLearn student registered with Loyalist College, or your host school/institution has requested they be invoiced the costs, the $60 testing fee will not apply.
Note: If booking a test fewer than five business days before the desired test-writing date, the fee is $75 (HST included).
Please stop at the guard house at the main Kente entrance to obtain a parking pass.
Directions to ACT
When you enter the front doors of the Kente Building, stop at the Information Desk to ask for directions to ACT.
- Items such as calculators, textbooks, notes, computers and memory aids are not allowed unless otherwise stated by your institution.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing room. All electronics (including phones, Fitbit/Smart Watches, etc.), coats and bags will be placed in a defined area identified by the invigilator.
Food & Drinks
- Drinks in carafes or water in a bottle are permitted in the testing room. All other snacks and beverages must be left with your belongings.
- All seating is at the proctor’s discretion.
- An incident report will be completed and reported to your institution if you are using unauthorized technology, communicating with other people or using unauthorized material.
- The Academic Centre for Testing is not responsible for lost, missing or misplaced items of any kind. Lockers with locks are available for use at no charge while you write your test.
Phone: 613-969-1913, ext. 2549
Academic Centre for Testing (Loyalist College)
376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
Box 4200, Belleville, ON
Hours (September – April)
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
Summer Hours (May – August)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 3:30 pm