If you are taking Loyalist courses online or if you are a distance student registered with another school/institution, you can write your tests in the Academic Centre for Testing (ACT).
- All tests must be booked five (5) business days prior to writing. The ACT does not have access to information regarding when you need to write your test or to your test marks. You must contact your home institution for this information.
- You must notify your school/institution of your scheduled test date and request for the test be sent to ACT (this does not apply to students writing OntarioLearn tests).
- Please note: You will be required to pay a $50 testing fee + HST (if applicable) and to provide a piece of government-issued photo ID.
When can I write my test?
During the months of May – August, you can start your test any of the following times:
|Monday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am & 12 pm|
How do I book my test?
Please email ACT (email@example.com) and provide the following information in your email:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Course code and course name
- Name of the school/institution you are registered with (i.e. OntarioLearn, Athabasca, TICO, etc.)
- Preferred testing date and time
Are there any fees associated with writing my test?
There is a $50 (plus HST) testing fee that can be paid by cash/debit/credit card on the day of your test. However, if you are an OntarioLearn student registered with Loyalist College, or your host school/institution has requested they be invoiced the costs, the $50 (plus HST) testing fee will not apply.
Note: If booking a test fewer than five business days before the desired test-writing date, the fee is $75 (plus HST).
Please stop at the guard house at the main Kente entrance to obtain a parking pass. Advise the guard that you are writing an exam to receive a reduced parking fee.
Directions to ACT
When you enter the front doors of the Kente Building, stop at the Information desk to ask for directions to ACT.
- Items such as calculators, textbooks, notes, computers and memory aids are not allowed unless stated by your professor or AccessAbility on the Test Request Form.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing room. All electronics (including phones, Fitbit/Smart Watches, etc.), coats and bags will be placed in a defined area identified by the invigilator.
Food & Drinks
- Only water is permitted in the testing room. All other snacks and beverages must be left with your belongings.
- All seating is at the proctor’s discretion.
- An incident report will be completed and reported to senior management if you are using unauthorized technology, communicating with other people or using unauthorized material. Consequences will be in accordance with policies AOP 216 and AOP 209.
Phone: 613-969-1913 ext. 2549
Academic Centre for Testing (Loyalist College)
376 Wallbridge-Loyalist Road
Box 4200, Belleville, ON
Hours (May – August)
Monday – Thursday
9am to 3:30pm