*Due to Covid-19, the Academic Centre for Testing is only open for faculty bookings for Loyalist students registered with AccessAbility Services.
The Academic Centre for Testing (ACT) is available for students who need to write a missed test or for students who require testing accommodations.
If you need to write a missed test
- Arrange a date/time with your professor. Your professor will forward a Test Request Form and the exam to ACT outlining test requirements.
- Contact ACT to reserve seating at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide a minimum of two (2) business days’ notice to ensure space is available
FEES: There is a $20 fee (HST included) for writing missed tests. This fee is payable by cash, debit or credit card on the day of your test.
If you require testing accommodations
- Contact Student Success to meet with AccessAbility at 613-969-1913, ext. 2519 or email@example.com
- AccessAbility will advise ACT and your professor of your eligibility for testing accommodations
- Arrive in ACT at the same time your class is scheduled to write the test/exam
- You may begin earlier if you have extended time, but you will need to remain in ACT until your class has started.
- An alternative test day/time will only be arranged if your extended time creates a course conflict. This will need to be approved by your instructor.
FEES: There are no fees for writing accommodated tests in ACT. However, if you do not go to either your class or ACT on test day, this is considered a missed test. If your instructor allows you to make up the test, a $20 missed test fee will apply.
- Items such as calculators, textbooks, notes, computers, and memory aids are not allowed unless stated by your professor or AccessAbility on the Test Request Form.
- Personal items are not permitted in the testing room. All electronics (including phones, Fitbit/smartwatches, etc.), coats and bags will be placed in a defined area identified by the invigilator.
Food & Drinks
- Drinks in carafes or water in a bottle are permitted in the testing room. All other snacks and beverages must be left with your belongings.
- All seating is at the proctor’s discretion.
- An incident report will be completed and reported to senior management if you are using unauthorized technology, communicating with other people, or using unauthorized material. Consequences will be in accordance with policy AOP 216 and AOP 209.
Hours of Operation
Hours (September – April)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
*Open for Friday bookings with sufficient notice
Summer Hours (May – August)
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 3:30 pm
Phone: 613-969-1913, ext. 2549 – Please note the phone is not answered when exams are in progress.