In September 2019, Loyalist College implemented a mandatory Academic Integrity Module to prepare students for the upcoming academic year. The module provides an overview of academic integrity and the risks associated with academic dishonesty.
How do I complete the Academic Integrity Module?
Visit Blackboard via the myLoyalist portal. Once logged in to Blackboard, select My Organizations followed by Academic Integrity Module.
This module will take approximately 25 minutes to complete and will be tracked by Loyalist College staff. Once complete, students will be able to print a certificate for their records or take a screenshot/photo. The certificate can only be accessed once the whole module has been completed; if a student tries to go back and print later, they must re-do the whole module to get to the certificate page again. This certificate does not need to be submitted unless requested by the student’s professor.
What is Academic Integrity?
Academic integrity is acting with fairness, honesty, responsibility, and respect with regards to your academic work, tests, and exams.
How can you maintain your academic integrity?
- Know the rules!
- Plan ahead
- Stay organized
- Practice and do your homework
- Ask questions – talk to your professors or other staff
- Seek help – access college resources such as Tutoring Services and the Parrott Centre Library
- Know yourself! Are you a procrastinator? Do you get stressed or panic easily?
What is Academic Dishonesty?
A variety of actions including (but not limited to)…
- Cheating on tests/exams
- Misrepresentation and fraudulent behaviour
- Copyright breaches
- Conflict of interest
To learn the definitions of these terms in accordance with Loyalist’s AOP 216 Academic Integrity policy, click here.
How can I avoid academic dishonesty?
- Give credit when using someone else’s ideas, opinions, theories or material (ex: photos, graphs, etc.)
- Do your own work!
- Do not reuse past assignments (yours or another students)
- Do not complete assignments for other students
- Talk to your instructor
- Access services such as Tutoring Services
- Know the college policies – academic and program
- Complete the Academic Integrity Module
Where can I find more information about Loyalist’s College’s Academic Integrity policy?
Click here to view Loyalist’s AOP 216 Academic Integrity policy.
Please email email@example.com