Students with disabilities are encouraged to meet with The AccessAbility Centre to determine the supports and services that may be required. This meeting will allow the student and staff to discuss available supports, documentation and intake process. Early self-identification is encouraged.
The AccessAbility Centre provides accommodations for students with documented disabilities from an allied health professional. The documentation required is dependent on the student’s disability. Students should contact the AccessAbility Centre regarding the type of documentation required for their specific disability.
Some of the documents you may be asked for include:
- Medical documentation from a physician confirming your disability
- An audiology report from a qualified practitioner
- A psycho-educational assessment from a qualified practitioner diagnosing a learning disability (assessments must be within five years to qualify for the BSWD and reduced course load)
- Medical documentation from a qualified practitioner diagnosing a mental health illness or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Transition Plans
- Identification, Placement and Review Committee (IPRC) forms
If you do not have the required documentation, or it is out of date, please contact the AccessAbility Centre to discuss.
Download: Disability Verification Form