May 2019 Intake – the following programs will offer a Spring intake:
- Care of Vulnerable Populations
- General Arts and Science
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management – Global Logistics
An international applicant is a person wishing to study in Canada who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident as defined by the current Immigration Act.
The mature student clause does not apply to international student applicants.
International students may apply by any of the following methods:
1. Education agent
Loyalist College has partnered with education agents around the world. Agents are very knowledgeable about our programs, services, processes and procedures. Using an agent to submit your application can make the process more efficient. Contact International Admissions (InternationalAdmissions@loyalistcollege.com) to be connected with an education agent in your country.
2. Direct Application
To help serve you better, Loyalist College’s International Application has moved to the ontariocolleges.ca International Application Service (IAS).
Click here to apply to Loyalist College.
As an applicant (e.g. without an agent), please submit all new applications to the ontariocolleges.ca International Applicant Portal
Complete Applications with fully paid application fees will be processed in a timely manner. Upon payment of your application fee at the end of the application, it is important that you return back to your application to select “submit.” You (or your agent) will be advised via email notification if additional supporting documents or information is still required. The processing of applications can only occur once all information has been received.
How does the online application work?
Within the Loyalist College ontariocolleges.ca International Applicant Portal, you will be able to:
- Create an international application to Loyalist College
- Upload supporting documentation (e.g. transcripts, payment receipts, study permits, etc.)
- Pay the application fee (payments made via Flywire)
- Submit an application for review (e.g. following payment)
- Continue to monitor the status of your application and ensure you meet all deadlines
- If you are accepted into a program, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA); for details, view the International Student Offer Package.
- Upon receiving your LOA, you should contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate to begin the process of applying for a student visa/permit (cic.gc.ca).
- You will need to confirm your offer of acceptance and make the tuition deposit by the deadline indicated in your LOA. Missing payment deadlines may result in loss of admission.
- If your application is not approved, you will receive notification via email.
- If your application is approved:
- Print Letters of Acceptance as needed.
- Update your personal information if required on the application portal.
- You may wish to consider applying to Residence.
What is the deadline date to apply for admission?
- International students should apply as early as possible in order to allow enough time to obtain student visas and study permits, which can take several months depending on your home country.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have enough time to apply for their study permit and/or student visa.
- As space in some programs may be limited, applicants are also strongly encouraged to apply to desired intake. Applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis.
As the educational documents provided to support your application to Loyalist College are international documents, you may need to arrange to have a Credential Assessment Report for our College to continue processing and approve your application for admissions. Once we have reviewed your documentation, we will notify you if we require anything further or if you need to contact one of the following companies, who can provide Credential Assessment Reports for international documents. Please visit the company website for further information and instructions on how to obtain the required report.
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
100 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario N1G 5L3
World Education Service (WES)
2 Carleton Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Any transcripts not in English or French should be translated into English. Applicants should provide word-for-word translations of all documents in the same format as the original. All records (official certificates and transcripts) of your high school, college and university education must be sent with your application form. These records must include the original copies or certified “true” copies in the original language and the English translation.
International applicants must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (Grade 12), along with transcripts from any post secondary education (if applicable).
The following certificates are acceptable for admission:
- India, Pakistan, Bangladesh: 10 + 12 with marks over 50%, Bachelors – less than 8 backlogs
- England, Wales, West Africa and Middle East: GCSE – General Certificate of Secondary Education (O Level) with grades of A, B, C (or 1, 2, 3) in five academic subjects.
- West Indies: General Certificate of Education (O Level) with grades of A, B, C (or 1, 2, 3) in five academic subjects, or Caribbean Examinations Council with grades of A, B, C (or 1, 2, 3) in five academic subjects.
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Certificate of Education with credit standing in five academic subjects, or pass standing in six academic subjects, or the Chinese University of Hong Kong Entrance Examination with a pass in five academic subjects.
Post-Graduate Program Admissions:
- Require submission of proof of completed degree/diploma in a related field with transcripts.
- Degree must be second class or above.
All instruction within the College is in English. In order to be successful in a program, speaking, listening comprehension, reading and writing skills must be at a sufficient level to meet the demands of post-secondary studies.
All applicants to Loyalist College whose first language is not English, or whose previous education has been conducted in another language, will be expected to provide an English proficiency assessment.
If you have proof of education in an English speaking country, this can be considered in lieu of test scores. Final approval is completed by the Registrar.
Please forward test scores from one of the following tests with your application:
English Language Proficiency Test
English for Academic Purposes (EAPC)
Care of Vulnerable Populations (CVP)
TOEFL: (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
173 (computer-based test)
65 (internet-based test)
550 (paper-based test)
80 (iBT internet-based test with minimums of 20)
560 (paper-based test)
84 (iBT internet-based test) with minimums of 21
IELTS (International English Language Test Service)
6.0 overall with no bands less than 6.0 (under SDS)
6.0 overall with one band at 5.5 (generic category)
7.0 overall with no bands less than 6.5 in each section
6.5 overall with no bands less than 6.0 in each section
CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment)
Overall band of 60, writing 60
Overall band of 70 and Writing 60
Gap in Studies
- If there is a gap between education and application to Loyalist College, the applicant is required to submit a CV along with their application package.
For more information, contact InternationalAdmissions@loyalistcollege.com.