Tutoring Services support the advancement of student knowledge by assisting all Loyalist College students in meeting their academic goals through peer support, in an environment that:
- Is positive and supportive
- Promotes learning independence
- Fosters student engagement
Our tutors work to engage students in active learning through reflection and collaboration, using strategies that promote independence.
We offer the following:
Learn more about how to:
We offer one-to-one, course-specific tutoring. Loyalist College students who are experiencing academic difficulty, or who wish to improve their grades, are matched with upper-year students who can provide academic support.
*Drop-in Tutoring Services is currently closed. If you are looking for a tutor or writing/math support, please email the Coordinator of Tutoring Services, email@example.com, or scroll down this page and click on Request a Tutor and we will do our best to match you with someone who can tutor through distance methods.*
Faculty Writing Coaches
We offer faculty writing coaches for Loyalist College students needing more comprehensive writing support.
To learn more or register for this service, please email EProulx@loyalistcollege.com.
Please click the link below to sign up for a tutor:
Students wishing to become a peer tutor must maintain a cumulative GPA of 75% or higher, and must have achieved a grade of 80% or higher in the course or courses they wish to tutor. Interested applicants should email the Coordinator of Tutoring Services, Erin Proulx, at EProulx@loyalistcollege.com or visit Tutoring Services, located in the Student Success HUB on the upper mezzanine above the Student Access Lab (SAL).
Steps to Tutoring Success
- If you are having academic difficulties, speak to your professor and determine areas that could benefit from tutoring.
- Apply for tutoring early in the semester. Students who wait to access this service may have difficulty catching up.
- Attend classes regularly and take thorough notes. Tutoring cannot help students who do not attend classes.
- Do not miss your tutoring appointments. If you are unable to attend an appointment or are going to be late, contact the tutor ahead of time.
- You cannot approach a tutor to ask for specific information regarding tests and examinations that they may have previously written.
- When using drop-in services, please do not wait until the day an assignment is due to seek help.
Coordinator, Tutoring Services
613-969-1913, ext. 2163