Enriching the College culture and improving the quality of life for Loyalist students through programming, educational opportunities and engagement initiatives.
Wellness Programming and Training Opportunities: Spring 2021
One-on-One Wellness Coaching
Want to learn more about managing stress and performance? Strategies for time and energy management? How to set goals and find purpose? Sign-up for a One-on-One Wellness Coaching session with resident wellness and performance professional, Ryan Stoness.
To book a session with Ryan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Wellness Ambassador Activity Sessions
Time: 5 pm
Join us every Saturday at 5 pm on Wellness@Loyalist Instagram for a weekly wellness activity ranging from arts and crafts to guided relaxation classes, each week a different experience with our Wellness Ambassador Team!
No registration required.
Wellness@Loyalist offers the following additional programming:
- Wellness Break
- Join us for a range of activities and events
- Wellness Strategy, Space and Policy
- Wellness Tips and Strategies Website
- Tips for students by students.
- Student Food Cupboard
- My SSP: Mental Wellness Student Support Program
- Loyalist Student Government is pleased to offer the innovative keep.meSAFE program, which provides 24/7 mental health support to all Loyalist College full-time and part-time day students at the Belleville, Bancroft and Port Hope campuses. Students have access to support from counsellors who speak their language, understand their culture, and the unique challenges they face. The My SSP app provides students with access to a wide variety of articles, videos and other mental health resources as well as direct access to a counsellor by telephone or chat. Support is available anywhere in the world and in multiple languages.
- Academic Wellness Initiatives
- Book us in your class for one of the following workshops: Understanding Stress and Resiliency; Relaxation and Mindfulness Tools; and Balance and High Performance in a 24/7 World.
- Or, work with our team to build wellness projects in your classroom.
- The Spa at Loyalist
- The Wellness Loft
- Therapy Dogs
Wellness@Loyalist Student Jobs
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com and include resume and cover letter in application prior to March 1, 2021.
Full-Time Wellness Summer Positions (2021)
The Student Orientation Lead is a full-time (30-35 hrs/week) summer position from May to September for a returning work study eligible student. This position will take a supportive role in the planning and delivery of both Spring and Fall Student Orientation, specifically the recruitment of other student leaders to help support these events. The successful candidate should have experience and be comfortable leading and planning events and activities.
The Wellness Ambassador Lead is a full-time (30-35hrs/week) summer position from May to August for a returning work study eligible student. This role will be responsible for preparing various wellness services including; educational campaigns, social media content, website updates, and limited programming and activities delivery. The successful candidate should have experience in graphic design, social media content creation and be passionate and knowledgeable about wellness.
Part-Time Wellness Positions (September 2021 – April 2022)
For more information, please contact Coordinator of Wellness Programming Ryan Stoness at firstname.lastname@example.org.