Enriching the College culture and improving the quality of life for Loyalist students through programming, educational opportunities and engagement initiatives.
Wellness@Loyalist offers the following additional programming:
- Wellness Break
- Join us for a range of activities and events
- Wellness Strategy, Space and Policy
- Wellness Tips and Strategies Website
- Tips for students by students.
- Student Food Cupboard
- My SSP: Mental Wellness Student Support Program
- Loyalist Student Government is pleased to offer the innovative keep.meSAFE program, which provides 24/7 mental health support to all Loyalist College full-time and part-time day students at the Belleville, Bancroft and Port Hope campuses. Students have access to support from counsellors who speak their language, understand their culture, and the unique challenges they face. The My SSP app provides students with access to a wide variety of articles, videos and other mental health resources as well as direct access to a counsellor by telephone or chat. Support is available anywhere in the world and in multiple languages.
- Academic Wellness Initiatives
- Book us in your class for one of the following workshops: Understanding Stress and Resiliency; Relaxation and Mindfulness Tools; and Balance and High Performance in a 24/7 World.
- Or, work with our team to build wellness projects in your classroom.
- The Spa at Loyalist
- The Wellness Loft
- Therapy Dogs
Wellness@Loyalist Student Jobs
Loyalist College’s Orientation Team is looking for students to fill the role of temporary Bridge Builders on a part-time volunteer basis from August 28 – September 10, 2021, during Welcome Weeks.
The primary role of the Bridge Builders, commonly known as ‘Orientation Leaders’, is to welcome new students and carry out engaging and informative programming.
• Connect with peers
• Engage in fun activities
• Receive valuable training and gain marketable leadership skills
• Receive co-curricular credits
• Get Loyalist College swag and multiple meals and snacks
• Flexible schedule from August, 28 - September 10, 2021 and ability to commit to scheduled hours
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Leadership experience an asset
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Participate in fun and valuable training prior to Welcome Week
• Lead and direct new students
• Answer questions and provide guidance
• Assist in virtual learning sessions and activities
• Help with set up and delivery of on-campus activities
To volunteer for this position, register here.
Please apply before Sunday, August 8.
The Wellness Ambassador team are part-time roles (6 – 12hrs/week) from September 2021 to April 2022 with a responsibility to create awareness and enhance the culture of Wellness across campus. Each role may take a different lead including social media content creator, educational campaigns, wellness events, and activities, or wellness loft support and operations. Successful candidates should be passionate about Wellness.
• Full-time student enrolled at the Belleville Campus
• Able to work the occasional evenings and weekends as required
• Confident, outgoing and professional
• Terrific communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative, with the ability to think critically and troubleshoot effectively
• Excellent team player and able to follow direction
• Ambitious, self-directed and able to think and work independently
• Very organized, able to multi-task and prioritize
• Dedicated and reliable
• Able to lead groups of people
• Participation in Loyalist Welcome Weeks.
(Approximately 25 hours /week during Welcome Weeks August 28 – September 10).
As a part of the Wellness Ambassador Team you may be responsible for:
- Posting Wellness content on our social media accounts
- Running and helping design educational campaigns
- Leading and helping facilitate Wellness events and activities
To apply for this position, click here.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, August 8 and teams will be selected by Friday, August 13.
For more information, please contact Coordinator of Wellness Programming Ryan Stoness at firstname.lastname@example.org.