We work together as a team to find the right person.
Every employee I’ve hired through Community Employment Services has worked out well. Their resources allow me to tap into an employee pool that I would otherwise not have access to. I appreciate their assistance and will continue to use their services.
Owner and Operator, VanSteenbergen Interior Trim
Our employment specialists are here to help!
We are your one-stop, personalized service for all of your hiring needs!
All of our services are FREE of charge!
- Free advertising of your vacant positions on our Resource Centre job board, website, and social media
- Job postings can be created using our name instead of yours
- Pre-screened candidates to save you time in your interviewing process
- A pool of up-to-date, motivated workers of all ages scheduled to meet with you at your convenience
- Workshops to keep your staff current with today’s requirements, i.e. Smart Serve, WHMIS, Workers Health and Safety, and Customer Service Excellence
- Financial incentives may be available to offset the cost of training new employees
Training incentives for new employees
When you hire one of our candidates, we may provide a wage subsidy to offset initial training. Incentives are paid through a streamlined and convenient invoicing system.
To participate in job placements, employers must:
- be licensed to operate in Ontario
- comply with all applicable legislation, including human rights, health and safety, and Employment Standards
- maintain WSIB or alternate safety insurance coverage and have third party general liability insurance
- NOT hire his or her immediate family members, such as parent, spouse, sibling or child as a trainee
- NOT be receiving government funds from any other source for the same training placement
- NOT use placement services to replace existing or laid-off employees
Youth and Student Programs
Youth Job Connection
Youth Job Connection offers intensive, specialized support to youth between the ages of 15 – 29 who are not in school or training, and not presently working who require additional support to find work. Youth must complete a minimum of 60 hours of employment readiness workshops prior to obtaining a job placement with a local employer. The maximum placement is 26 weeks in length. The placement incentive amount is based on the specific skill level of the person you want to hire and the length of the on-the-job training required. Youth may qualify for employment related supports.
Youth Job Connection – Summer
This program provides part-time, after-school and summer job opportunities to high school students, ages 15 – 18, who need help transitioning between school and work. Students must complete a minimum of 20 hours of employment readiness workshops prior to obtaining an eight-week job placement with a local employer. Students may qualify for employment related supports.
Youth Job Link
A key focus of this program is to help students between 15 and 19 years of age with no prior work experience find employment.
- Service providers are responsible for matching and determining appropriate use of incentives and supports.
- An employer cannot select youth and refer them to the program for a hiring incentive.
- Priority is given to small employers with 10 employees or less and not-for-profit employers.
Apprenticeship Financial Incentives
The following link provides an overview of incentives for Apprentices and Sponsors:
Apprenticeship employer signing bonus
We may be able to provide monetary incentives to employers signing and maintaining new apprentices in trade sectors where there is a high demand for skilled workers.
What employers say about us!
I am an employer that was in search of staff until I went through Community Employment Services. They found me the perfect match and met every expectation that I had in the timeframe that I requested.
They took the time to talk with me, advertise my job posting, look through résumés and answer all the questions from the people who were applying for the job – and they did this all for free.
I would recommend this service to any employer. I am so thankful that they will assist me financially with a portion of the employee’s wage. Thank you so much for all your help!
Owner/Operator, 2xtreme Graphics
Community Employment Services is a must for businesses. The staff are easy to work with and they provide suitable candidates. The training incentive dollars make it viable when hiring a new employee.
Community Employment Services is a valuable resource for small business. They pre-screened and sent over a well-qualified individual who met our organization’s needs.
The time and cost savings of having them advertise the position and do the interviewing fit well with our busy company.
I would recommend the well-qualified people at Community Employment Services and the service they provide to every employer.
Manager, Never Enough Chrome Shop
Community Employment Services — Belleville
54 Dundas Street East, Belleville, ON K8N 1B8
Community Employment Services — Bancroft
P.O. Box 10, 195 Hastings Street North, Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0
613-332-1743, ext. 1