We offer free employment services for students!
Our Employment Resource Centre offers free, year-round employment-related services to students 15 – 29 years of age. We post student job opportunities on our website, job board and Facebook page.
Our goal is to help you:
- improve your knowledge of career options and today’s labour market
- build the life skills you need to successfully plan and manage a career
- write your résumé, search and apply for jobs, and prepare for interviews
- get ready for the workplace by learning about teamwork, customer service, health and safety, and labour rules
We currently offer the following student programs for those who need additional support to secure employment.
This program provides part-time after-school and summer job opportunities to high school students between 15 – 18 years old who are facing challenging life circumstances and who need help transitioning between school and work.
- PAID minimum wage to attend 20 hours of pre-employment training to prepare you for the workplace
- PAID work placement up to 8 weeks with a local employer
- Support during work placement (clothing, equipment, tools and transportation)
- Mentoring and job-coaching support
- Between 15 – 18 years old
- Student – in school, returning to high school or post-secondary
- Resident of Ontario and eligible to work in Canada
Community Employment Services — Belleville
54 Dundas Street East, Belleville, ON K8N 1B8
Community Employment Services — Bancroft
P.O. Box 10, 195 Hastings Street North, Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0
613-332-1743, ext. 1