Discover Loyalist: Public Relations - Event Management
- Discover Loyalist: Public Relations - Event Management
- Wednesday November 18 2020 11:00 to 11:30
- Loyalist College, 376 Wallbridge Loyalist Rd, Belleville ON, K8N 5B9
Begin your journey to your career destination by signing up for this program webinar!
Webinar perks include the following:
- Ask questions and get answers! You’ll hear from program experts who can provide insight into what it’s like to study at #DestinationLoyalist. More than 65% of our programs offer hands-on, small class learning.
- If you register for a session, attend, and apply to Loyalist for September 2021, we’ll cover your $95 application fee!*
- Those who attend a session will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of three $150 Amazon gift cards.*
Session Length: 30 minutes
Format: Live and online via Zoom
Session Details: During this session, you’ll learn about Loyalist’s one-year Public Relations – Event Management graduate certificate program. Public relations and event management professionals are increasingly in demand as employers recognize the value of effective communications. A career in PR and event management is never dull! From one day to the next you could be pitching a story, staging a news conference, organizing an event or managing crisis communications.
People come to PR and event management from different backgrounds — from journalism and sociology to fitness and the non-profit sector. In just eight months, you’ll develop skills that will make you an asset in any industry:
- Graduates find dynamic opportunities working for government, hospitals, schools, businesses, advocacy groups and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), as well as public relations firms.
- You could work as a PR specialist, event manager, fundraiser, media relations specialist, public affairs expert, publicist, or campaign manager.
- Many jobs offer extensive opportunities for travel. Entry-level jobs include producing digital media packages, media monitoring, organizing interviews and news conferences, creating visual presentations and planning special events.