Looking for a little help making ends meet? Many students supplement their income with part-time or summer employment, both on and off campus. Keep in mind:
- You are not alone! Many Loyalist students hold part-time jobs and work around their academic schedule
- The long summer break in most programs (typically four months) allows most students time to earn a significant amount towards their College expenses
- A two-year College program removes a student from the full-time workforce for only 16 months
On-Campus Employment Initiative
The Loyalist College On-Campus Employment Initiative provides part-time employment for full-time students at Loyalist College who qualify under the financial need guidelines. Over 200 on-campus jobs are created each year. Students not only earn needed income, they gain valuable job experience. These positions pay at least the minimum wage and are available in the Student Centre, Library, Admissions Office, the Computer Centre, SAL, Residence, Student Services, as Peer Tutors, and in other departments.
How to apply
The application is online and accessible through the student portal at myLoyalist.com. It is available beginning the last week of August for each upcoming academic year (September to April).
- Login to myloyalist.com
- Click on “Apply for Student Jobs on Campus”
- Complete budget and submit form
Students must complete a detailed budget as the On-Campus Employment Initiative is a needs-based program.
- A Financial Aid Officer will assess the application based on Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) guidelines
- Students must maintain a 60% average with no failures to be eligible
- Selected students will receive an email confirmation that must be provided to their employers prior to beginning their job
- Students must provide a copy of the confirmation email to their supervisor/hiring manager in order to be paid
If a student is not approved, he or she can see the Financial Aid Office to discuss or appeal the situation.
Students may only accept one position at a time without special permission. Special permission may be granted by hiring managers only.
Other employment options
The Career Centre posts part-time and summer jobs online, as well as full-time positions for after graduation. A password to access these listings is available in the Career Centre (Room 2H3). Access our Online Job Board.