Start Your Biosciences Diploma at Loyalist College in India
International students can save on costs and ease the transition to Canada by completing part of their education in Chandigarh, Punjab or Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India from Loyalist’s new satellite campuses. In collaboration with North American Business (NAB) College students will begin the hands-on in-person requirements of their Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering Technician/Technology, Environmental Technician/Technology, Fitness and Health Promotion or Recreation, Sport and Leisure diploma programs. Students in India have the opportunity to complete their first semester via blended delivery. They will participate in both hands-on lab components delivered in-person at a Loyalist-NAB satellite campus and online theory classes from Loyalist College in Belleville.
Small class sizes will allow NAB instructors to provide students with personalized attention to learn Loyalist College’s curriculum and provide the foundation for students to seamlessly transfer to our Canadian campus for in-person instruction when it is safe to do so. Students will graduate from Loyalist with a Canadian diploma and be eligible to apply for a Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced a major study and work visa change which allows international students to study from abroad until April 30, 2021 and still be eligible for a three-year Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) after moving to Canada. We encourage you to begin your studies with Loyalist, rather than delaying your plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
What programs are available for students at Loyalist College’s satellite campuses in India?
How can I arrange a tour?
What are the hours of operation of the Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses?
Are all programs offered at both campuses?
What if I do not live near either campus location. What are my options?
Is there housing available near the campuses in India?
What does it cost?
Are there any additional costs to studying a Loyalist-NAB satellite campus?
Are there any supplies that I am required to purchase?
When do classes start?
How are the programs delivered?
How many hours are students expected to be on the NAB-Loyalist satellite campus for instruction?
How will the programs compare to what is delivered at Loyalist College’s campus in Belleville?
What supports will be provided to students at the Loyalist-NAB satellite campus?
How are my grades determined?
How do I apply?
When will I be studying at Loyalist College in Canada?
Do I need an approved study permit to enrol at a Loyalist-NAB satellite campus?
How do I get my Loyalist student ID card?
Where are the Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses located?
- Loyalist offers Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering Technician/Technology and Environmental Technician/Technology diploma programs at Loyalist College-North American Business (NAB) College locations in Chandigarh and Ahmedabad, India.
- In addition, Fitness and Health Promotion as well as Recreation, Sport and Leisure programs are offered at the Chandigarh, India location.
- Please contact LCIndia@loyalistcollege.com to arrange a tour.
- The campuses are open 8am – 7pm Monday through Friday and students will be able to access campus on Saturdays by appointment.
- Yes, students are welcome to choose either the Chandigarh or Ahmedabad satellite campus to complete their lab/hands-on classes for Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering Technician/Technology and Environmental Technician/Technology programs.
- The Fitness and Health Promotion and Recreation, Leisure and Sports programs will only be offered in Chandigarh.
- Students have the option to relocate and secure their own living accommodations close to campus. The two campuses are currently the only options in India for students to complete their lab/hands-on work required for these programs.
- Housing options are available for students near the campuses. Finding appropriate accommodations is the responsibility of the student.
- Tuition fees cover the full program costs of the hands-on instruction in India as well as the online instruction from Loyalist College in Canada. Students are required to pay the following fees for the first year of their full-time post-secondary program. All fees are in Canadian funds. A minimum payment of one semester ($8,750) is required prior to the start of classes; however, students are encouraged to pay the entire academic year in one transfer.
- Loyalist-NAB satellite campus facilities and lab supplies will be provided to enrolled students at no additional cost. Students will be required to pay for accommodation/housing, food and transportation as they would at any college or university. Consideration should be given to the cost of living, relocating to be in close proximity to campus if necessary, or commuting for the duration of the program.
- Students will be required to purchase a lab coat and their personal supplies (e.g. laptop, phone, note-taking materials). Lab equipment, instruments and materials will be available at no additional charge.
- Registered students will receive an email from Loyalist College outlining the program start dates and all other important information regarding class schedules upon acceptance into the program.
- Faculty will offer students a blended in-person and online delivery of the programs. Due to smaller class sizes, faculty and staff members get to know each and every student, monitoring their success and providing supports as needed.
- Students are expected to attend lab/hands-on sessions every week, for the entire 14-week semester. Eight hours of lab/practical learning each week is required for the first semester of each program. Beyond working in the bioscience labs, students will be invited to use the smart classroom facility at the Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses to complete the online component of their programs.
- In India, the Loyalist-NAB campuses include biosciences labs, as well as smart classrooms from which students will have the option to work on the digital delivery of components of their programs with support from NAB instructors.
- Orientation and welcome services
- Wireless internet access;
- Computer access;
- Information on accommodation/housing, transportation, health and counselling services;
- Food services;
- Campus security; and
- Student activities and events.
- Students will receive a course outline that will explain the assessment process at the beginning of the program. Students can expect a combination of hands-on learning, online classroom theory and practical, lab-based instruction.
- Students can apply directly through the Loyalist College website by following the International Student Application Steps. For more information on the application process or if you have questions about your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students can start their program at the Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses in India but are expected to travel to Canada to finish their program when it is safe to do so. The expectation is that students who study at Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses this Fall, and are approved for a study visa, will be able to travel at the end of the semester to complete their second semester in Canada.
- Each student is required to apply for their study permit by September 15, 2020 and start, or have started, their program by Winter 2021. Students do not need their study permit to be approved before starting their program. For more information, visit: Canada Study Permit News.
- Loyalist College and NAB College will arrange for students to receive a Loyalist student ID card while they are studying at the Loyalist-NAB satellite campus in India.
Loyalist-NAB satellite campuses
|Address||Floor 6, A-606
Bestech Business Towers
Sector 66A, Mohali
SAS Nagar, Punjab 160062
|21 Vishwakarma Society
Near Overbridge, behind Ravinagar
Vejapur Road, Jivrapark
Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380051
|Contact||Sameer Lakra||Tejal Gandhi|
For more information, contact: LCIndia@loyalistcollege.com