SKILLS COMPETITION CANCELLED: The Loyalist College Skills Competition, scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 27, 2020, is cancelled due to inclement weather. The safety of our College community and visitors is always a top priority. We appreciate everyone’s work in preparing for this event.
On February 27, 2020, secondary school students can compete in one of the areas below. Please make a selection from the list below to obtain detailed competition information and register your competitors.
- First phase application: The maximum number of spaces per competition will be divided by the number of interested school boards to provide equal opportunities for all until January 31, 2019. The number of spaces for each school board in each area for the first phase application can be found on each competition area’s page linked below. First phase online registration is currently open until February 5, 2020.
- Second phase application: After the first phase application deadline has passed, the second phase application will open to fill the remaining spaces on a first-come-first-served basis. School boards may use as many of the remaining spaces as they wish up to the maximum amount listed. Second phase online registration will be available February 6 – 12, 2020.
Please ensure registrations have been submitted by February 5, 2020, for first phase applications. Revisit the website on February 6, 2020 to access additional spaces and confirm final participation numbers during the second phase application period.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is now closed.
- Architectural Technology & Design
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Character Animation
- Esthetics (tentative)
- Mechanical CAD
- Precision Machining
- Two-Person Carpentry
- TV/Video Production (tentative)
General Competition Documents and Information:
2020 documents to be uploaded soon.