Belleville, Ontario, October 8, 2019 – Discover how you can reach your career destination through hands-on learning and rewarding workplace experiences at Loyalist College’s Open House on Wednesday, October 9, from 9 am – 12 pm.
Open House highlights include:
- Exploring more than 70 full-time advanced diploma, diploma and certificate programs, many of which are accepting applications for this January!
- Meeting with faculty, staff and students in applied sciences, biosciences, building sciences, business and management studies, health and wellness, community services, public safety, media studies, and skills and technology programs.
- Learning about apprenticeships, hundreds of online, distance and in-class courses.
- Finding out how you can transfer directly into more than 100 university degree programs with a diploma from Loyalist College. Our pathways allow you to shorten your degree program by up to two years, save on living and tuition costs, and gain practical experience.
- Receiving advice on how to pay for college education, including information about Loyalist’s on-campus employment opportunities, awards and bursaries, totalling more than $1 million each year.
- Speaking with lab technicians from the College’s Applied Research Centre for Natural Products and Medical Cannabis.
- Asking questions about the College’s Weston Family Scholarship in the Skilled Trades. During the course of their studies, Weston Family Scholars who maintain a specified minimum average may receive up to $4,000 in bursaries from The W. Garfield Weston Foundation and tuition credits from the College.
- Liaising with representatives from other Ontario colleges and learning about their program offerings (9 – 11 am).
During Open House, those who successfully complete the College’s passport tour receive a prize! Loyalist is also giving away a $100 gift card every hour, on the hour.
What: Loyalist College Open House
When: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
9 am – 12 pm
Where: Loyalist College
Kente Building – Gymnasium and Dining Hall
For more details, visit loyalistcollege.com/openhouse.
In addition to applying online, prospective students can now apply from their phone – anytime and from anywhere – using the ontariocolleges.ca app. It allows applicants to create an application or log in to an existing application; browse Ontario college programs; create a favourites list of programs; add up to five programs to their application, with no more than three at any one college; request transcripts; pay for and submit their application; and view, accept and decline offers of admission.
About Loyalist College
Loyalist is Ontario’s Destination College, empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry cluster-based education, training and applied research programs. The College provides job-ready graduates for, and knowledge transfer to, industry and the community. Of 2017-18 Loyalist graduates, 88.5% percent were employed within six months after graduation. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. Loyalist offers more than 70 full-time diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs in biosciences, building sciences, business, community service, health and wellness, media studies, public safety, and skilled trades. Continuing education options are available through LoyalistFocus.com, including hundreds of online, distance and in-class courses, and through the College’s 100+ university transfer agreements. Loyalist is a key driver of social and economic health in eastern Ontario. It contributes 5.8 percent of the Gross Regional Product, representing $465 million annually to the regional economy – based on an October 2018 report by Emsi. For more information on Loyalist’s Belleville and Bancroft campuses and Port Hope satellite location, visit YoureGoingPlaces.com.
– 30 –
Contact: Kerry Lorimer, Director, Marketing, Communications and Recruitment
Loyalist College, email@example.com, 613-969-1913, ext. 2536