Business – Loyalist College in TorontoNEW
Available as a two-year program
This program will be delivered in-person for the Winter semester. For more information, please visit our Winter 2022 Program Delivery page.
Two-year Ontario College Diploma in Business
- Start Date
September, January and May entry
Find your career
A career in business is more than numbers and banking – it’s a complex balance of finance, marketing, products and services you offer, and the people behind them. The two-year Business program provides grads with the skills for:
- Entry-level positions within the business, not-for-profit and retail sectors.
- Careers as logistics coordinators, event coordinators, retail managers, production supervisors and shift supervisors.
Our grads get great jobs
- Manager Trainer and General Manager, Foot Locker's "House of Hoops" Canada
- Operations Analyst, Cineplex Entertainment
- Human Resources Generalist, Magna International
- Financial Services Manager, Bank of Montreal
- Inventory Control, 8 Wing/CFB Trenton
- Logistics Manager, Stegg
- Human Resources Coordinator, Lowe’s
- Purchasing Buyer/Planner and Quality Analyst, Impacto Protective Products
- Administration Coordinator, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Accounts Manager, Bel-Con Engineering
Is it for you?
Business training will prepare you to manage projects and people. People who thrive in this field have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to organize and lead
- An analytical nature
- A strong work ethic
What employers say
“The long-term care industry is growing rapidly. This field needs Business graduates to help us develop and implement new and innovative business solutions.”
Director, John M. Parrott Centre
“There are tremendous career opportunities within insurance and financial planning. We are looking for Business graduates to help us satisfy existing clients’ needs as well as expanding into new business opportunities.”
Financial Centre Manager, Sun Life Financial
“I have worked with a variety of manufacturing and service companies and it’s obvious to me there is a great need for Business graduates to help management overcome the challenges they face.”
Business & Personal Development Coach, LMI Canada Inc.
Experiential learning, including a four-week placement experience
Explore a broad mix of business options in this interactive program, including:
- Social media marketing.
- Financial decision making and supply chain management.
- Effective workplace presentation skills.
- Corporate responsibility and sustainability – economic, social and environmental.
- How to develop a comprehensive business plan for your own business idea.
Projects with community partners provide concrete, hands-on experience, working individually and in teams to overcome real-world challenges. You could:
- Coordinate a conference
- Design a training program
- Develop a recruitment strategy
- Perform a market analysis
- Create a marketing plan
- Conduct an operational productivity audit
Hands-on instruction takes you beyond the classroom:
- Gain critical workplace experience with a four-week placement.
- Enhance your learning with faculty coaches and business mentors.
Outstanding faculty make the difference
- Students have open-door access to dedicated and experienced instructors who stay current with the latest industry trends.
Please note that the program of study for this program is currently being updated. Please check back regularly for additional details.
*Courses subject to change.
Turn your diploma into a degree
Many universities across Canada and abroad will provide credit recognition for your diploma studies at Loyalist. The following is a list of agreements that are currently in place. There are many more options, and new agreements are added annually. Contact your university of choice to make individual arrangements.
- Algoma University
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Human Resources and Labour Relations
- Bachelor of Management (three or four-year degree)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts in Communication Studies
- Australian Catholic University – Bach. of Business
- Brock University – various*
- Carleton University
- Conestoga College – Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business Management
- Davenport University
- Bachelor of Arts in Management
- Bachelor of Arts in International Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management
- B.B.A./M.B.A. Strategic Human Resource Management
- B.B.A./M.B.A. Strategic Management
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Business
- Humber College
- B.Comm. e-Business Marketing
- B.Comm. Fashion Management
- B.Comm. International Business
- B.Comm. Hospitality and Tourism
- Institutes of Technology Ireland
- Lakehead University – Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Laurier Brantford – any honours program
- Laurentian University – various*
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Studies with Sports Management (Year 3)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) in Enterprise and Innovation (Year 3)
- Nipissing University – Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) or Bachelor of Commerce
- Royal Roads University – Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management
- Seneca College
- B.Comm. Business Management
- B.Comm. Financial Services Management
- B.Comm. Human Resources Strategy and Technology
- B.Comm. International Accounting and Finance
- B.Comm. International Business Management
- Bach. Interdisciplinary Studies
- Thompson River University – B.A.
- University of Fredericton/Husson University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Ontario Tech University – Bachelor of Commerce (Honours); B.A. Adult Education and Digital Technology
- University of Waterloo – various*
- Western University – various*
- University of Windsor – Bachelor of Commerce (Honours Business Administration)
- Wilfrid Laurier University – various*
- York University – various*
Post-grad at Loyalist College in Toronto
Business graduates are welcome to apply for a post-grad certificate in:
- Global Business Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management – Global Logistics
- Supply Chain Management – Enterprise Resource Planning
How much will it cost?
Approximate costs per year (2020 – 21)
The following fees do not include living costs, textbooks or additional program-specific expenses/supplies.
- International Tuition: $14,332.50
- Ancillary Fees: $902.38
- Health Insurance (mandatory): $600
- Total: $15,834.88 CAD
*Fees subject to change. The above tuition and fees are based on two semesters of study per academic year.
Required academic preparation
Grade 12 English (C), (U) or (M) level required, in addition to Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent.
All teaching within Loyalist is conducted in English. In order to be successful in a program, skills such as communication, listening comprehension, and reading and writing must be at a level sufficient to meet the demands of post-secondary studies. All applicants to Loyalist whose first language is not English, or whose previous education was in another language, will be expected to provide an English proficiency assessment for admissions approval. Details about language and general admission requirements are available here.
How to Apply
International students may now apply to Loyalist College in Toronto by contacting email@example.com.