Hospitality (HODS) CLOSED
Available as a two-year program
- Program Code
Two-year Ontario College Diploma
- Start Date
Find your career
Hospitality professionals find career opportunities in various sectors of the dynamic hospitality and tourism industry, including:
- Hotel operations
- Guest services
- Sales and marketing
- Housekeeping management
- Restaurant management
- Food and beverage services
- Front desk supervision or management
Is it for you?
This may be a great career path if you are:
- An effective communicator.
- Skilled at time management.
- Energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- A team-player and natural leader.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Develop customer service strategies and solutions that contribute to organizational success.
- Explore leadership, teamwork and conflict management strategies that contribute to a safe, effective and positive work environment. Learn how to apply business and revenue models to support effective management and operations.
- Study marketing tools and technologies used to promote hospitality products and services.
- Gain hands-on industry experience during a field placement in the popular Bay of Quinte tourism region and beyond.
The program of study for this program is currently under review. Please check back regularly for updates.
*Courses subject to change.
How much will it cost?
Approximate costs (2018 – 19)
- Domestic Tuition/Ancillary Fees: $4,322.54 (two semesters)
- Additional program costs may apply.
Bursaries and financial assistance
Loyalist has a number of scholarships, bursaries and academic awards available to students. Our Financial Aid Office can help you explore your options, or assist you with a student loan.
Required academic preparation
- OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level, AND
- Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent
Recommended academic preparation
Good communication skills and service industry experience
Prior learning assessment and recognition
Applicants with work experiences or other types of non-credentialed learning may be eligible for credits at Loyalist. Graded credits (as opposed to exemptions) are granted. Click here for more information about our assessment and credit challenge process.
Click here for information about how to apply, international student fees and more.