Public Health has reviewed Loyalist’s Residence plan for the upcoming Fall semester and has confirmed that it meets all Public Health requirements. The following safety measures will be in effect:
- Residence staff expect to maintain virtual connections with students wherever possible to maximize safety for students, staff and all other members of the College community.
- Loyalist is offering single occupancy rooms only with a maximum of six students per unit in the suite-style Residence and a maximum of four students per unit in the townhouse Residence.
- Where possible, students in the same programs will be assigned to the same unit to prevent potential spread.
- All large public gathering spaces (e.g. Residence Commons) will remain closed until they are safe to reopen.
- Laundry facilities will be available, but students will be assigned scheduled times with check-in procedures to help maintain physical distancing and to aid with contact tracing.
- Quarantine facilities have been established to provide accommodations and supports to students who test positive for COVID-19.
Across campus, including in Residence, a number of preventative measures have been put into effect:
- Cleaning is focused on critical, high-touch surfaces in public areas.
- Social distancing measures are in effect.
- Washable masks will be available for students.
- Anyone arriving from outside the country will have a 14-day off-campus quarantine period prior to being allowed on campus.
- A COVID-19 testing facility will be on campus to support students and staff only; this facility will not be available to the public.
The College will continue to seek guidance and approval from public health authorities as the COVID-19 situation evolves.