Career and College Prep (CPRP)
Program length varies based on student needs
"I left high school early and had not been in a classroom for over 20 years. This was a problem – College Prep was the solution. It was such a positive experience in a very diverse class – all ages and walks of life – led by teachers who were there to answer all of our questions."
- College Prep 2011
- Customs Border Services 2013
"Within a year, I completed my Grade 12 equivalency through College Prep. I felt empowered, like I had accomplished something positive."
- College Prep 2011
- Child and Youth Worker student
"High school was a struggle for me. I really needed to get my life back on track. The faculty has played a major role in my success. The fundamental academic and life skills I am learning here are preparing me to pursue a career in fashion and commercial photography."
- College Prep 2013
"I needed to refresh my academic skills. The College Prep program was the perfect fit for me – fantastic class schedules and a great team of instructors. It gave me a jump-start and prompted me to strive for future success."
- College Prep 2008
- Developmental Services Worker 2010
- Program Code
Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (Grade 12 equivalency)
- Start Date
Find your career
The College Prep program is a springboard to a better job or further studies at college. It allows:
• Mature students to earn their Grade 12 equivalency.
• High school graduates to upgrade or refresh their knowledge and skills.
• Students to improve their qualifications to apply to college programs and employment opportunities.
Is it for you?
This program is designed for students who:
- Want to upgrade their math, English and computer skills.
- Need to earn their Grade 12 equivalency to apply for an apprenticeship or post-secondary studies.
- Want to improve their qualifications for employment.
This Grade 12 equivalency program is geared to meet each student’s individual needs:
• Learn at your own pace.
• Study full-time, part-time or learn online.
• Individually tailored programs can include academic upgrading, training readiness, career and personal development, and job-search skills.
• We assess your personal learning style and teach workshops on how to make the most of your classroom time and how to succeed in school.
• Academic subjects are arranged to meet your individual needs.
• You can improve your skills in reading, writing, spelling, grammar, math and computers.
• Teaching is based on practical knowledge and situations you can apply in your everyday life.
Outstanding faculty make the difference
- Teachers create a positive learning environment.
- Learn in small classes with lots of individual attention.
- Professors are available for extra help.
The Career and College Prep program is designed for seamless entry into further studies at Loyalist. With your Grade 12 equivalency, you can:
• Apply for post-secondary certificate and diploma programs at Loyalist College.
• Apply to another college program.
• Pursue an apprenticeship.
• Pursue employment opportunities.
How much will it cost?
- Tuition is free for all students.
- This program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and Employment Ontario (Literacy and Basic Skills).
- Financial help is available for travel and daycare expenses for those who qualify.
- Any Ontario resident who is 19 years of age or older can apply
- If you are 18 years old, please call for further information
- The level at which you enter the program is determined by an interview and assessment
For more information:
613-969-1913 ext. 2456 (Belleville campus)
613-332-1743 (Bancroft campus)
You Can With The Loyalist College Prep Program
The Loyalist College Prep program helps you prepare for post-secondary choices, career changes and job applications. Whether you have an incomplete high school transcript, have spent years away from... Read More
In the News
No articles to show.