Loyalist College will lift its COVID-19 vaccination policy and masking requirements as of May 1, 2022.
The following updates to safety protocols on campus are in effect as of May 2, 2022.
Please note that these decisions are subject to change depending on the evolving pandemic situation and public health advice.
- As there is no longer a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination policy, proof will no longer be required to enter campus.
- Face masks will no longer be required however, individuals may still choose to wear one if they’d like. The type of mask is up to the individual. Loyalist will continue to provide masks to those who wish, while supplies last.
- You will not be required to complete the screening assessment on the PPA app anymore, however, students and employees are reminded to stay home if feeling unwell.
- The Health Centre will continue to offer antigen rapid tests, and booster shots to students and employees.
- Should an employee/student have or suspect COVID-19, isolation requirements will be followed as per the current Public Health guidelines.
- COVID-19 reporting will cease.
- Physical distancing is no longer required but individuals can choose to maintain their distance for their own comfort level.
- There will no longer be a requirement to provide a safety plan for special events/activities.
- There will be no further restrictions on visitors or notice needed for guests to enter campus.
- There will no longer be COVID-related restrictions for eating/drinking in classrooms.
Masks and rapid test kits are available for students and staff and can be requested by contacting your Dean or manager.
Please continue to practice good hygiene etiquette and be respectful to others as we recover from post-pandemic. Take a gentle approach and accept that we all move at different paces getting back to ‘normal.’