- Accessing Campus
- On-Campus Processes & Procedures
- Prior to Arriving to Campus
- Mandatory Face Masks
- Travelling to Campus
Access to the Belleville campus will be restricted to the following entrances:
- Kente Building (Main Entrance)
- Digital Media Centre
- Skills Centre
- Link Lounge (Rm 1L1)
- Pioneer (Northeast Entrance)
Individuals are encouraged to give themselves extra time to move through the security screening process, especially during peak hours. Please consider using access points other than the main entrance where possible.
As per the Loyalist College Winter Term 2022 COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all individuals must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access any College premises, effective January 1, 2022. All individuals will be required to show proof of full vaccination status, and will be required to upload their dose administration receipt using the Loyalist College Personal Protective Application (PPA) Vaccine Tracker, in order to enter any Loyalist College building.
Acceptable forms of proof include:
- Loyalist College PPA app. Click here for instructions on how to add your vaccine record(s) to the app.
- Ontario vaccination passport (must be accompanied by photo ID)
- Paper copy of your vaccination (must be accompanied by photo ID)
In addition to being fully vaccinated, all individuals must be fully masked and wear a 3-ply ear loop disposable mask, also known as a surgical mask, for maximum protection against airborne transmission. Cloth masks are not acceptable at this time. Appropriate masks will be supplied by the College and available on campus.
If you are sick or not feeling well, do not come to campus or attend any off-campus activities. Complete a self-assessment for COVID-19 screening purposes and if the test results are positive, you must:
- Get a PCR test authorized by Public Health (note that students should forward their results to Student Success)
- Stay home until you receive a negative test result and are symptom free for at least 24 hours.
- Ensure your vaccination status is approved by Health Canada.
- Add your vaccine record(s) to the PPA Vaccine Tracker by submitting your proof of vaccination through the College’s Personal Protective Application (PPA). Users must log on with their Loyalist College credentials (email address and password). See step-by-step guide here.
- The Application can be downloaded on your computer or mobile device using one of these links: Windows Desktop, Apple App Store, Google Play Store.
- The PPA is to be used for your personal COVID screening every time you come to campus as well as uploading proof of vaccinations and proof of a negative COVID-19 test. This data will be used by Public Health for the purposes of contact tracing and by Loyalist College for compliance with the policy.
- In order to be considered fully vaccinated employees, students and visitors who wish to visit campus must have received two doses of a Health Canada or WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving your second dose.
- Requests for a vaccine exemption must be submitted through the College’s Personal Protective Application (PPA). Requests must include a completed form as per below. Exemption request forms may be downloaded from the myLoyalist portal
- Request Form: Medical Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccine
- Request Form: Creed/Religion Exemption from COVID-19 Vaccine
- Exemptions will be adjudicated by a third party and decisions will be communicated to the applicant via the Personal Protective Application (PPA). Please note that an approved exemption does not necessarily mean that you can come to campus. The College will review all approved exemptions to determine the appropriate accommodation that can be provided.
All individuals must be fully masked and wear a 3-ply ear loop disposable mask, also known as a surgical mask, for maximum protection against airborne transmission. Cloth masks are not acceptable at this time. Appropriate masks will be supplied by the College and available on campus.
Masks must be worn appropriately in order to be effective. This means they must cover your nose and mouth. We do not permit the use of valved masks or plastic mouth shields on the premises.
There are some exceptions that apply. A mask is not required if you:
- Are outdoors and maintain a two-metre distance from others;
- Are eating in the Dining Hall;
- Have a proof of an exemption for a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask/face covering safely; or
- Are in an area not open to the public (e.g. in a private office) and by yourself.
Masks are still required when you are:
- Entering and leaving campus buildings;
- In all classrooms;
- In the Dining Hall when not eating;
- Travelling to or through public areas such as hallways or washrooms.
Click here for information on the proper way to wear a mask.
- Many sanitizing stations were installed throughout the College, including at the entrances, near the washrooms, and near the water fountains. Make sure to use them!
- Washrooms will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- You are required to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds when you leave, dry with paper towel, and use the towel to open the door. Discard the towel in trash receptacle outside the door.
- Currently, our bottle refill stations are operational and posted with safe use protocols, but water fountains remain disabled as a safety measure.
- Please bring your own filled reusable water bottle from home, and refill if needed through the day.
Meals and dining areas
- Food services (not including vending machines) will be operating per industry specific guidelines beginning in September 2021.
- You may use the picnic tables outside for meals.
- It is recommended you that you do not share food with others.
- For dining hours of operation, please visit loyalist.campusdish.com.
- We plan to leave one bank of vending machines just inside the Dining Hall in Kente Building (please use hand sanitizer before and after using these).
Parking permits can be ordered online through the myLoyalist portal under “Order Parking Permit”.
Parking permits can be paid for online through debit or credit card.
- Once ordered, parking permits will be available for pick-up at the Service Desk (2L20) from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Parking permits will be available for purchase in person via debit or credit at the Service Desk as well. Due to COVID-19, cash payments for parking permits will not be accepted.
For parking permit options and further details, visit our Parking Permit web page.
If you have any questions regarding parking permits, please contact the Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you use public transit, please visit the City of Belleville’s Transit website for details.
- A new Quinte Transit route now stops at Loyalist College and Belleville’s bus terminal. Visit Quinte Transit’s website for details.