Loyalist College continuously works to innovate and integrate current technologies into your learning environment. We strive to connect you to your instructors, classmates and employers while ensuring you are well supported.
Access a number of computer areas that are open extended hours and available to students from all programs. Services include:
- PC and Mac computers
- Colour printing and scanning (print credits included in tuition)
- Program-specific software
- Wireless access and wireless printing
- Bring-your-own-technology areas
- In-person Service Desk offering technical support staff who are able to functionally help with software, your network account, Blackboard, Banner, submitting assignments, posting discussions etc.
Click on the links at left for information about Service Desk, your myLoyalist portal, and general FAQs.
myLoyalist online access
The myLoyalist portal gives you online access with mobile/tablet support to:
- Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- Office 365 Email
- Student Government
- Events at the Shark Tank Pub
- Scholarships and bursary applications
- Student Success Services
- and more!
For instructions on accessing the myLoyalist portal, click here: Instructions: accessing myLoyalist.
Blackboard learning management system
Have control and freedom to access your course content at any time that is convenient for you! Use Blackboard to keep up to date with your course notes, assignments, tests, discussions etc.
More technology services!
- College-wide wireless access: open access high-speed wireless Internet service is available throughout the entire campus and Residence. Connect with your laptop, smartphone and tablets
- Personal college email: stay in contact with your instructors, classmates and College staff
- Network storage space: save your work on one campus computer, and access it on another later on, with secure storage of your school documents using the ‘M:Drive’ access provided to students
- Virtual learning environments: practice what you are learning while getting feedback in a safe simulation environment
- Multimedia equipment sign-out: audiovisual sign-out equipment is available to all students including cameras, tripods, laptops, projectors, televisions, speakers and adaptors; for booking information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 2L20 (Kente)
Service Desk troubleshooting service
Service Desk is available to help with issues relating to your connectivity, network account, Blackboard, Banner, email, and any other technical questions you may need answered.
For more information, visit Service Desk.