Our Residences are peacefully tucked into a wooded country setting, just minutes from downtown Belleville. We have five suite-style Residence buildings with space for 466 students. We also have 104 spots for students in four new, fully furnished townhouse buildings. With transit that stops right on campus, you’ll have easy access to all the perks of city living, with the convenience of waking up within walking distance of your classes.
Residence applications are currently being accepted.
For the 2020/21 academic year, Loyalist is offering single occupancy rooms only with a maximum of six students per unit in the suite-style Residence and a maximum of four students per unit in the townhouse Residence.
The wellbeing of our students and the College community are always our top priority. Public Health has reviewed Loyalist’s Residence plan for the upcoming Fall semester and has confirmed that it meets all public health requirements. The following safety measures will be in effect:
- Where possible, students in the same programs will be assigned to the same unit to prevent potential spread.
- All large public gathering spaces (e.g. Residence Commons) will remain closed until they are safe to reopen.
- Laundry facilities will be available, but students will be assigned scheduled laundry days to help maintain physical distancing and to aid with contact tracing.
- Quarantine facilities have been established to provide accommodations to students who test positive for COVID-19.
Across campus, including in Residence, a number of preventative measures have been put into place:
- Cleaning is focused on critical, high-touch surfaces in public areas.
- Social distancing measures are in effect.
- Washable masks will be available for students.
- Anyone arriving from outside the country will have a 14-day off-campus quarantine period prior to being allowed on campus.
- A COVID-19 testing facility will be on campus to support students and staff only; this facility will not be available to the public.
We will continue to seek guidance and approval from public health authorities as the COVID-19 situation evolves. For updates, please visit loyalistcollege.com/coronavirus.