Our Residences are peacefully tucked into a wooded country setting, just minutes from downtown Belleville. We have five suite-style Residence buildings with space for 466 students. We also have 104 spots for students in four new, fully furnished townhouse buildings. With transit that stops right on campus, you’ll have easy access to all the perks of city living, with the convenience of waking up within walking distance of your classes.
Residence applications are currently being accepted.
For the 2021/22 academic year, Loyalist College is offering single occupancy rooms only with a maximum of six students per unit in the suite-style Residence and a maximum of four students per unit in the townhouse Residence.
The well-being of our students and the College community is always our top priority. Public Health has reviewed Loyalist College’s Residence plan and has confirmed that it meets all public health requirements. The following safety measures will be in effect:
- Where possible, students in the same programs will be assigned to the same unit to prevent potential spread.
- All large public gathering spaces (e.g. Residence Commons) will remain closed until they are safe to reopen.
- Laundry facilities will be available, but students will be assigned scheduled laundry days to help maintain physical distancing and to aid with contact tracing.
- Quarantine facilities have been established to provide accommodations to students who test positive for COVID-19.
Across campus, including in Residence, a number of preventative measures have been put into place:
- Providing complimentary face masks to those on campus and requiring face masks to be worn
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations located throughout campus and disinfectant wipes in classrooms and labs
- Posting handwashing guidelines in washrooms
- Stocking PPE and critical cleaning products such as wipes, replacement hand sanitizer solution, masks, and soap
- Redesigning our Student Success services to offer in-person services in addition to offering online options to easily connect students with mentors, resources, and informational sessions
- Having employees work from home where possible
- Offering student residents single occupancy rooms only within units of students in the same programs, where possible
- Providing detailed training documentation on the processes and protocols of returning to campus
- Introducing a COVID-19 testing facility and immunization clinic on campus to support students and employees
- Establishing quarantine facilities to provide student accommodations in the event a student tests positive for COVID-19
The health and safety of our College community, including our industry partners, is top priority and we will continue to go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment and care.
We will continue to seek guidance and approval from public health authorities as the COVID-19 situation evolves. For updates, please visit loyalistcollege.com/coronavirus.